Welcome Back, Welcome Back, Welcome Back

March 24, 2014

You guys, I think I can probably speak for all of us at WC, but it feels pretty good to come back! It's been a long hiatus thanks to Adult Life, but hopefully that's the end of that. Unfortunately, I don't get to return with an enthralling post thanks to my wisdom tooth rearing its ugly head. For the past week, I've been popping Advils upon Advils for the amount of unbearable pain I've been having with it. It's severely impacted (coming in completely sideways!) and has actually given me a few issues for the past two years so I'm finally extracting it tomorrow morning. But thanks to the pain, I haven't been doing anything worthy of a post except for reading many books while I lay in bed hating life. So begins a quick book review!

Eleanor & Park
Eleanor & Park is a young adult novel about a new girl in town, Eleanor, unable to blend in due to her differences from her classmates in high school. She ends up sitting next to Park on the bus everyday and they slowly grow close and fall in love.

The layout of the book switches back and forth from Eleanor's perspective to Park's perspective. As a young adult novel, it's not much of a thought provoking work of literature, but it is entertaining, and in my opinion, more astute about love and its coinciding feelings than anything else I've read in a long time. It's a good quick read to pass the time if that's what you're looking for, and I rate it 3.5/5.

What are some books you've been enjoying lately? What are some of your favorite books?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© WITHIN COLOR All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk