Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm Swatch and Review

April 16, 2014




These Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms are pretty much everywhere on the blogosphere world, however, I still went ahead and took some swatches to show everyone how the colors look. Colors always look so different on different skin tones and depends so much on the pigmentation of your lips.

The big question about Revlon's Matte Balms is always: How do they compare to Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencils?

Answer: They don't.

As other bloggers have mentioned, these matte balms are really not a true matte. The finish and application of the product actually remind me more of the Nars Satin Lip Pencils. They both do not sink into the cracks of your lips as much and they're both more slippery. The finish on both pencils are also very similar where its a very soft sheen. Not quite matte but not at all glossy either.

Revlon's Matte Balm line all have very good opacity however they are all pretty slick. Depending how much I pre-treat my lips (exfoliate, line, and primer), I can get about 4 to 6 hours of wear on these.

Lots of swatches underneath the cut!





Bare lips

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Complex 230:
This one was more streaky and difficult to put in. It took more blotting and seemed more sheer. I actually didn't like this one at first, but I like it a lot now after looking at my pictures.


Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Elusive 205:
Elusive is a very muted pink and great for work. Almost neutral with a punch of color.


Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry 225:
This is a darker red for me with hints of brown. It looks so muted on other bloggers but it pops more so on my fair skin tone.


Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Mischievous 235:
I love this color! A more muted tangerine and so good for spring.


Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Audacious 245:
While dauntingly bright in the tube, Audacious is more actually not too bright. Though more vibrant Mishevious, its a more subtle orange toned lip color. This photographed less orange then in person but less orange compared to the tube!


Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Unapologetic 210:
Bright reddish pink. I actually do not own any other color like this, so I love it a lot.


Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Showy 220:
A hot pink with some blue hues. Went on really lovely.


Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Striking 240:
Orangey red are my favorites, however not a very unique color in my make up bag. This applied better than others too.


Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Standout 250:
While this color went on great and is very opaque, its not a very unique color.


Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Shameless 215:
Deep violet. While I love it, I need to find an occasion to wear it! Just might have to wait for fall. Great opacity and went on so good.


Overall, I love this line. The colors are great as well as the consistency. Its slick without being too slippery and I just love more matte lip colors in general. I love that they twist up and there's not product waste! My favorite colors would have to be Mischievous, Audacious, and Striking.

Here is a collage of all the colors side by side.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© WITHIN COLOR All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk